[petsc-dev] -pc_factor_drop_tolerance

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Mar 22 14:51:00 CDT 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:36:50 -0500, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>     You should consider that PETSc currently has no drop tolerance
> factorizations; what is in the source code is just partial code and
> partial place holders.
> We could add this to the manual pages.

There is a man page for PCFactorSetDropTolerance, the user's manual
discusses it, and the option is available in -help.  I'm just pointing
out that this is fairly confusing.  The manual also mentions
PCFactorDTSetReuseFill which does not currently exist.

There seems to be something available with -pc_type icc
-pc_factor_mat_solver_package bas, but this is actually undocumented so
I'm not concerned about whether or not it works.

Jed