[petsc-dev] PLAPACK problems

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 17 11:30:34 CDT 2010

    Some of the PETSc examples are crashing under some circumstances
(like with complex) using PLAPACK and valgrind is showing
uninitialized variables etc in PLAPACK code. I don't want to debug
PLAPACK code, so will let it go for this release.

   BUT, is there something else we can move to for petsc-dev in the
future. Should we throw away the use of PLAPACK and use FLAMELIB?
Should we switch to ScaLAPACK (just kidding?). I hate to bag dense
parallell matrices from PETSc completely but don't want to spend a lot
of time on whatever we do support.