[petsc-dev] new clones for petsc-3.1

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 16 20:41:44 CDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> On 16 March 2010 16:25, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > The nightly builds are relatively clean - so I've created the 3.1
> > branch/clone for the upcoming release.
> >

> After using builder.py:
>
> $ hg status
> $ hg st
> ? src/dm/f90-mod/petscao.mod
> ? src/dm/f90-mod/petscda.mod
> ? src/dm/f90-mod/petscdadef.mod
> ? src/dm/f90-mod/petscmesh.mod
> ? src/dm/f90-mod/petscmeshdef.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petscksp.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petsckspdef.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petscmg.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petscmgdef.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petscpc.mod
> ? src/ksp/f90-mod/petscpcdef.mod
> ? src/mat/f90-mod/petscmat.mod
> ? src/mat/f90-mod/petscmatdef.mod
> ? src/snes/f90-mod/petscsnes.mod
> ? src/snes/f90-mod/petscsnesdef.mod
> ? src/sys/f90-mod/petscsys.mod
> ? src/sys/f90-mod/petscsysdef.mod
> ? src/ts/f90-mod/petsc.mod
> ? src/ts/f90-mod/petscdef.mod
> ? src/ts/f90-mod/petscts.mod
> ? src/ts/f90-mod/petsctsdef.mod
> ? src/vec/f90-mod/petscis.mod
> ? src/vec/f90-mod/petscisdef.mod
> ? src/vec/f90-mod/petscvec.mod
> ? src/vec/f90-mod/petscvecdef.mod
>
> Perhaps .hgignore should be updated?

Hmm - these files should get deleted similar to .o files.. [after they
are moved to the correct location]

> Ah! An additional little detail... Could you remove a "=" from the
> start banner lines when running ./configure? Or perhaps better make it
> match the banner at the end (i.e, make these ===... lines start and
> end with th"xxx" and fit in a default-width (80 cols) console/xterm )?

What is the problem with the startup banner? If you use
--download-package - you will see a bunch of similar boxes with
verbose info from configure. So current scheme is - all the
'=========' stuff is verbose info from configure.

The final line is instructions to user - hence they have separate
format. 'xxx========xxx'

I can make some of them 80 colmn - but there are bunch of text that
gets printed that will never fit in 80 cols. [so we never try to
conform to this limit..]

Satish