[petsc-dev] pretty printer for PETSc at commit?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Mar 1 03:26:16 CST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:59:27 -0600, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Note if we could get pretty printers coordinated in this way we could
> each have OUR OWN coding style and when we get files from a repository
> it comes into our style and when it goes out it goes back to the
> "standard" style.

My concern with this is that it makes it more difficult to talk about
code outside of the blessed translation system.  In my opinion, this
opacity negates any benefits of working with a personal style.

On the other hand, a commit hook to clean up formatting is something
that I think would be very useful.  A trivial peeve is trailing
whitespace which puts a lot of pointless lines into the history (hg diff
can be told to ignore whitespace changes, but the changes still show up
in hg annotate).

BTW, were you able to get uncrustify to leave two trailing spaces after
#undef __FUNCT__  ?

Jed