[petsc-dev] fun little project

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 28 21:00:03 CST 2010

   It would be nice if BlasLapack.py checked the size of the integers that the Blas/LAPACK routines take, normally they are 32 bit but they might be 64.

   I think this requires generating a program that actually does a little BLAS operation and checks that the answer is correct (or if the code crashed). This gets doubly tricky if using --with-batch mode cause there you can't have the program crash :-(.

   We are going to need this support real soon so it would be great if someone did it (and tested it :-).