[petsc-dev] downloading versions of Nvidia thrust and cusp PETSc needs?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 7 15:14:39 CST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
>
> > At the time they were added to petsc-dev - they were cusp-dev and
> > thrust-dev [i.e from hg repos of these packages]
> >
> > And the reason the release numers are listed in cusp.py,thrust.py:
> > They are specified as so in the corresponding includes - and
> > cusp.py,thrust.py has code to do version check [and then barf] - so
> > they have to be specified correctly there.. [i.e match the defines in
> > includes - an not necessarily math the tarball url]
>
>   I understand all this. What I want to know is where the f are the " [i.e from hg repos of these packages]"?
>
>   By the way the tarball urls were crap so I removed them.

The are listed as: 'source' section of the respective sites.

hg clone https://cusp-library.googlecode.com/hg/ cusp-library
hg clone https://thrust.googlecode.com/hg/ thrust

And the hg dir structure is slightly different than the tarball dir
structure - so needs appropriate care [if used with --download-cusp or
--with-cups-dir type options]

Satish