[petsc-dev] DMDA_*PERIODIC and DMDA_XYZGHOSTED

Dmitry Karpeyev dkarpeev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:33:28 CST 2010

Yes, but how is the local form defined?  Do you suggest that every Vec carry
a scatter from the global to the local form?
That appears to be a necessarily geometric (maybe in the abstract sense)
notion of restricting to some subdomain, which
might involve degrees of freedom not currently owned locally, and which
become "ghosts".