[petsc-dev] cmake and fortranstubs

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 3 17:16:02 CST 2010

On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 18:24, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> It would be nice if cmake also updated the appropriate fortranstubs.
>
> Make generatefortranstubs.py have a way to update individual files and I will make cmake do the generated files automatically.  I might do it anyway, but this is the more elegant solution.

  Jed,

    It cannot do a single file but it can now do a single directory. So you can now add support for cmake for this. Note that the generating stubs can be done in parallel assuming different root directories, only the -merge step must be done sequentially.

   Barry

generatefortranstubs.py	bfortexecutable	-- generates Fortran stubs for a directory and all children directories
generatefortranstubs.py	-merge	-- run after all stubs are generated to	merge include files in include/finclude/ftn-auto

thus

generatefortranstubs.py bfortexecutable
generatefortranstubs.py -merge

in the PETSC_DIR replaces the previous