[petsc-dev] Tests for DMGetInterpolation_DA_XXX_Q1

Dave May dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:00:01 CST 2010

Hi Barry,
  I have updated the DMGetInterpolation_DA_XXX_Q1() family of
functions to enable them to
work with DMDA's which are nested, but have general coordinates
defined by the user.
The original used code which would compare two floating point numbers
with "==" and in general it
would seg fault with 1) non-regular coordinates and 2) even with
uniform coordinates with non constant dx,dy.dz.

I have confirmed that the modified GetInterpolation() routines produce
second order interpolants, but before
pushing anything (using Jed as my proxy) I wanted to test the routines
with some galerkin multigrid examples / tests.
Grepping the source code I could not find any tests which use the flag
 -pc_mg_galerkin.

Can someone advise which tests actually test the functionality of the
interpolants constructed
from DMGetInterpolation_DA_XXX_Q1()?

Cheers,
  Dave