[petsc-dev] When __FUNCT__ is wrong

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 28 18:25:33 CDT 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:45:46 -0500, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> >
> >   Jed,
> >
> >       You are certainly welcome to add it.
>
> fdbdc93647ff
>
> This just writes inconsistencies via PetscErrorPrintf, only in debug
> mode.  I think I've gotten all the major inconsistencies in PETSc
> proper, Sieve might have more, but I don't have a current build of that.
>
> Note that this might be noisy for user code that redefine __FUNCT__, but
> not everywhere.  If this bothers anyone, we could add a configure option
> to turn this, and only this, on and off.

If compiler supports the equivalent of __FUNCT__ - then configure
should set things in such a way that all macro automatically use that
one [and ignore __FUNCT__]

The error check option [for __FUNCT__ being correct] should just be a
special case test for us - or users - so an explicit configure can be
used for it.

Satish