[petsc-dev] no module named cmakegen

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Aug 23 16:15:23 CDT 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:40:02 -0500 (CDT), Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Jed,
>
> Looks like cmakegen is at bin/maint/cmakegen.py. However maint is
> excluded from the tarball - so it should go somewhere else..
>
> perhaps config/cmake/xx?

I think iphonebuilder.py also needs an alternate location since it's
configure-time functionality.

I was also discussing with Matt about what is required to portably
"import script" (e.g. when the PETSC_DIR environment variable is not
set).  checkBuilds.py has something relatively involved, but also uses
$PWD, which I think is more evil than requiring something in the
environment.  This is mostly a issue when running configure.py without
setting PETSC_DIR.  In the case of running scripts (via import xxx,
xxx.main()), perhaps configure should put PETSC_DIR in it's exported
environment?

I just bumped the minimum cmake version from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2.  As a
longer-term matter, cmake should probably be run with a time limit and
redirected stdout.  I'll look at it shortly.

Jed