[petsc-dev] Fortran source format

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Apr 19 12:07:30 CDT 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:32:32 +0100, Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:19:41 -0600 (CST), Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > I should have added - the gfortran I have access don't show this issue.
>
> Yeah, I'm normally using 4.4.2, this just showed up on a test build with
> a 4.5 snapshot.  If they prioritize this (I imagine it qualifies as
> "regression fix" and is simple to fix) then it would be resolved in the
> 4.5 release.

It wasn't, PETSc compilation and tests are noisy with gfortran-4.5.
What does it take to check for this and add -Wno-line-truncation to the
build?  It pains me to do this, but Steve Kargl didn't seem to think
that allowing libraries to be dialect-agnostic was useful at all and
Jerry DeLisle's patch wasn't completed/applied for 4.5.0, perhaps it
will be in 4.5.1 whenever that comes.

Jed