Parallel graph coloring heuristics to color large-scale general jacobian matrices

Rafael Santos Coelho rafaelsantoscoelho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:02:40 CDT 2009

Hello, Barry and Jed,

perhaps there's been some misunderstanding on my part and I have not
comprehended that well Barry's response. Now, I think I do and I'm with both
of you on this.

The fact is that I'm doing this for my bachelor's thesis and I *must* finish
it by next wednesday, and now you can kind of get why I'm much more inclined
to choose a solution that can be quickly implemented by me (considering my
limitations and strengths) than a solution "compliant with PETSc's design
principles". I don't know if that makes any sense to you, but the bottom
line is: if I had to go with an "ugly" (in the good old "software
engineering sense", I mean), but practical, solution in order to get my
thesis done in time, I will. Unless you guys are willing to help me out, so
we can work together on this :D

Anyway, I do intend, once I get passed this college thing, to produce a more
carefully thought of code. :D

Rafael