Subsecond sleep

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Oct 16 05:02:14 CDT 2009

I sometimes want to slow down animation with a small problem size and
-draw_pause is generally does what I want, but it can only take integer
arguments and pausing for a whole second every time is often too much.
There are subsecond sleep functions (like usleep and nanosleep) in
POSIX, and I've rolled my own micro-sleep command-line option more than
once now.  Is there a compelling reason not to make -draw_pause and
PetscSleep take a real value, thus offering higher resolution when it is
available?

Jed