Did someone fucking break bfort?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 21 15:21:22 CST 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Lisandro Dalcín wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It says there is a stack smash and no other info. This is completely fucking
> > my development right now.
> >

> Any chance bfort was built with -fstack-protector flag? This failure
> could could be signaling an actual old bug in bfort... I would
> re-build bfort with debug and re-run under valgrind...

That must be it.

I just ran my build [which is without -fstack-protector] - and
valgrind does flag a bunch of things with bfort.

I normally install sowing separately and have it in my PATH - so that
it doesn't have to be rebuilt each time I build petsc.

I guess we should sync up [our patches] with latest sowing and make
sure its valgrind clean aswell.

Satish