possible new problem: dynlibs retrieved twice, need advice for fix

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:04:15 CDT 2008

Barry, I catched a new problem. At PetscInitialize(), dynamic
libraries are 'retrieved' twice.  The calls that leads to this are the
following:

PetscInitialize()
PetscInitialize_DynamicLibraries()
PetscLoadDynamicLibrary() // helper routine for opening each  libpescXXX lib
PetscDLLibraryRetrieve() // FIRST call
PetscDLLibraryAppend()
PetscDLLibraryOpen()
PetscDLLibraryRetrieve() // SECOND call

However, I'm not sure if this is a real issue. It seems that
./bin/urlget.py is smart enough as to skip downloading based on
timestamps (though I'm not sure if the same applies to the wget
fallback in 'bin/urlget' shell script)

--
Lisandro Dalcín