new thoughts on dynamic libraries support

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 20 16:34:36 CDT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> PetscDLLibraryRegister_NAME. If the symbol is not exported, then
> PetscDLLibraryOpen() fails!!  BTW, Because of this constraint,
> PFSTRING implementation is currently broken.

    I don't understand why this would be. The PF stuff is in the Vec
library.

PetscErrorCode PETSCVEC_DLLEXPORT
PetscDLLibraryRegister_petscvec(const char path[])
{
   PetscErrorCode ierr;

   ierr = PetscInitializeNoArguments(); if (ierr) return 1;

   PetscFunctionBegin;
   /*
       If we got here then PETSc was properly loaded
   */
   ierr = ISInitializePackage(path);CHKERRQ(ierr);
   ierr = VecInitializePackage(path);CHKERRQ(ierr);
   ierr = PFInitializePackage(path);CHKERRQ(ierr);
   PetscFunctionReturn(0);
}

The PF is suppose to work in the same way as the IS, I'm guessing the
IS works properly?

   Thanks