#define XXXType const char* ----> #define XXXType char* ?

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:19:46 CDT 2008

1) I have no problem with the changes since I think its not a big deal

2) Here is why I want const in the MatType, or others:

If the purpose of giving the designation MatType is more than just
a comment, then we would expect the program to 'type check' in
some sense. This to me means that we do not allow invalid values
in that type, meaning invalid type names. I wanted a service that
would provide only valid type names or NULL. This does not seem
easy so I am not pushing hard.

their experiments lead.