[PETSC #18705] PETSc and Cygwin License (POSIX layer)

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 13:12:21 CST 2008

Hi all,

I am really glad to hear this. This is exactly what I wished, and told you some time ago.

Just wanted you to know that there is a "Windows Services For Unix (SFU)" add-on for Windows, which is in some way like Cygwin. It is free, and can be downloaded by everyone. It has support for unix paths, too. I really do not like it (even as much as Cygwin), but it can be somewhat useful for you / someone else, if you take a look at it:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/interopmigration/bb380242.aspx

Best regards,
Farshid Mossaiby