adding SNESSetLinearSolve()

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:04:01 CDT 2007

Yes, Barry, I know we can do this, but this trick is not fully
fuctional, or you have to make a lot of more trickery:

- You have to explicitely use a KSPPREONLY, thus you cannot reuse this
ksp in your 'LinearSolve' routine. Then, you cannot get EW method work
in a easy way.

- PCSHELL to currently have some deficiencies. For example, there is
not a easy way to get matrix operators inside user-defined PCSHELL
routines, unless you implement PCPreSolve, which gives access to KSP.
And PCSHELL does not have a SetFromOptions() feature.

Barry, why do you really resist this idea? Do you believe it is an
example of 'too many ways to do it'? All I am asking for is let users
replace the call to KSPSolve for a custom call, wich in fact CAN
internally call KSPSolve after getting the KSP from SNES.

--
Lisandro Dalcín