PETSc sparsity

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Fri Jun 29 05:16:38 CDT 2007

>   Ok, I understand. They want to zero out all the rows AND COLUMNS
> that associated with the zero boundary conditioned points. Since
> PETSc sparse matrices are stored by row it is difficult to zero
> certain columns.

Yes, we are trying to zero out rows & columns. I think I understand the
source of the problem myself a lot better too now; thanks for that
comment Barry.

>   Perhaps we could augment the CSR storage format by having an
> additional list of locations for each column? This could be generated
> at MatAssembly time.

This can not be implemented by a user can it, in fact this requires some
modification of the internals of PETSc matrices, am I right?

Sadly, I am only a beginner in the PETSc world and therefore not "PETSc
competent" enough to try it. :-(

Cheers,
	Toby.

--