changes to petsc-dev directories

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 14 19:37:38 CST 2007

If maint/ is going into bin/maint/, I think config/ should also go to
bin/config/
(I think someone already suggested it).  The reason is that these are
auxiliary scripts
used to configure and build PETSc.  Their output -- the actual PETSc
configuration --
goes into conf/ and ${PETSC_ARCH}/conf and everything makes sense.

Besides, there is no need to install bin/config/ and violate one standard or
another,
since an installation implies a particular configuration, which is already
in
conf/ etc.

Dmitry.