petsc-dev directory structure questions

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:52:56 CST 2007

* I'm on Richard's side. I believe all the build scripts in 'config'
should be placed in other location, let say 'maint/BuildScripts/'.

* I'm also on Barry's side. Code for configuration should not go
inside 'src/'. All this should go inside 'config/'

* And Satish suggestion make a lot of sense. Perhaps the
'configure.py' could even be renamed to 'configure', but perhaps this
can cause trouble in some OS's.

The problem with 'conf' being similar to 'config' remains.

--
Lisandro Dalcín