Translator

Matthew Knepley knepley at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 16 08:30:52 CST 2005

       It seems many problems could be fixed if we could just get people to
translate their code to the next version. Is it worth it to invest time in
a Python translator that would try to auto-upgrade software to the newest
interface? I was thinking a sed-like thing at first, but we do have a partial
C parser available as well. However, that version is somewhat bad in that it
blows away spaces.

"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec Guiness