[petsc-announce] petsc-3.4.2.tar.gz now available

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 2 10:11:59 CDT 2013

Dear PETSc users,

The patch release petsc-3.4.2 is now available for download.
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/download/index.html

Some of the changes include:

* plog: Fixed Fortran binding for PetscLogPrintDetailed()

* fixed src/dm/examples/tutorials/ex7.c to use replacement for PetscViewerBinaryMatlabOpen() also needed to fix bin/matlab/PetscBagRead.m for new location of bagimpl.h and put bagimpl.h into the appropriate public place

* badly formatted /*I  "include" I*/, unused variables fixed that compile with MATLAB

* sundials: disable f77 properly

* exodus: cleanup build process [make.inc is unused & fix postInstall() to use the correct file]

* exodus: do 'make clean' between repeat builds

* mpicc: disable 'wrapper override check' when user provides --with-mpi-compilers=0

* Fortran: PCMGResidual_Default needs to handle double-underscore

* version: fix PETSC_VERSION_LT() to require PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE=1

* Escape quotes in paths in petscmachineinfo.h

* configure: handle paths with spaces in getExecutable(). Now the following works: '--with-mpiexec=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/MPICH2/bin/mpiexec -localonly',

* tgamma: icc on windows requires mathimf.h for tgamma. [but configure doesn't use any includes in tgamma test]

Satish