[Parvis-users] parNCL binaries

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Tue May 7 15:54:40 CDT 2013

Hi Mary,

I am indeed, and mostly use two different software configurations. One set
of machines is CentOS 5 with gcc/gfortran 4.1.2 (using the 64-bit RHEL5.6
gcc412 NCL binary on it), and the other is CentOS 6 with gcc/gfortran
versions 4.4.7 (using the 64-bit RHEL6.2 gcc446 NCL binary). These, or
similar, NCL binary variants have always worked on my machine without any
issue - although I'm sure the libraries needed to make the binaries for
ParNCL are a bit more extensive than those used in NCL.

Thanks for the assistance!

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu