Burst buffer - blocking or unblocking transfer?

Michael Laufer michael.laufer at toganetworks.com
Tue Sep 22 13:29:12 CDT 2020

Hi,

In reference to the burst buffer feature introduced in v1.10.0:
When the burst buffer flushes to the (long term storage) disk, does it do so in a blocking or unblocking fashion?

It appears to me that it is blocking, but I am not 100% sure. If that is the case, why not use an unblocking (async) transfer?
This would allow the computation to continue while the data transfer from BB to disk in running.

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Michael Laufer