configure: error: Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o

姜立智 jianglizhi at mail.iap.ac.cn
Wed Nov 27 08:54:49 CST 2019

Hello,

I want to install pnetcdf-1.11.2 under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with in PGI compiler. I had sucessfully installed netcdf-4.6.1 and netcdf-fortran-4.4.4. However, I had encountered an error when to configure to install pnetcdf-1.11.2(The same error in pnetcdf-1.12.0):

checking size of ptrdiff_t... 8
checking size of ushort... 2
checking size of uint... 4
checking size of MPI_Fint... 4
checking for /usr/bin/nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking nm flags...
checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... sub_
checking for Fortran "integer*1"... yes
checking for Fortran "integer*2"... yes
checking for Fortran "integer*8"... yes
checking if Fortran "integer*1" is ... configure: error: Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o

The environment variables I used was below:

CC=mpicc
FC=mpifort
MPICC=mpicc
MPICXX=mpicxx
MPIF77=mpifort
MPIF90=mpifort

The attachment is the configure log file. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jiang Lizhi