pnetcdf I/O inefficiency problem

萧 澍 darinshaw312 at outlook.com
Thu Mar 21 01:52:21 CDT 2019

Hi,
This is Darin Shaw, a ordinary user of pnetcdf. Recently, I tackle a problem about the I/O, when I try to read variables from nc file with over 2k processors (every processor read a part of data), nc file reading efficiency is extremely slow, while reading efficiency is normal with less than 2k processors. I find that program halt in function ‘nfmpi_iget_vara_double’.
Do you meet the same kind of problem before or have any advice on how to solve it?
Thanks,
Darin