nonblocking write gets stuck

刘壮 liuzhuang at lsec.cc.ac.cn
Thu Aug 29 09:16:34 CDT 2019

Hi:

 I have got a problem when using the nonblocking-write function in pnetcdf. The problem seems
very strange, my program gets stuck in the function "nfmpi_wait_all".
 However, if all the outputing processes are running on one node, the problem will go away. And
I have test my program on several machines, only one of them has this problem.
 The attached file is a simplified example of my program, which also has this problem. The files
in "Start" and "Count" directories are the "starts" and "counts" for the outputing processes. To
see this problem, one can use 41~49 mpi processes to run this program (if your machine has more
than 50 processors on one node, please modify "group_size" to larger numbers and run the program
using 4*group_size+1~5*group_size-1 processors, to make sure that the outputing processes are
running on at least two nodes).
 Suggestions are repected. Thank you very much!

Best,
Zhuang