Building Netcdf and Pnetcdf

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 22 10:25:12 CDT 2019

Hi, Henrik

My suggestion is to build PnetCDF without --enable-netcdf4
and build NetCDF4 with --enable-pnetcdf.

This way, a NetCDF program can do parallel I/O on both HDF5-based
and classic files.

If you require parallel I/O in high performance, I suggest to
write PnetCDF programs and use PnetCDF nonblocking APIs, as
PnetCDF is designed for performance.

Wei-keng