preview release of PnetCDF 1.10.0

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 13 15:02:53 CDT 2018

Hello to the PnetCDF community,

We are pleased to announce the preview release of PnetCDF 1.10.0,
parallel-netcdf-1.10.0.pre, is now available. We are sincerely
soliciting feedbacks from the PnetCDF community for this test
release. The tar ball can be downloaded from:
http://cucis.ece.northwestern.edu/projects/PnetCDF/download.html

Below is a brief list of noticeable changes.
1. A new feature makes use of burst buffers.
2. Reduce memory footprint.
3. Semantics of ncmpi_put_vard and ncmpi_get_vard APIs have been revised to allow request aggregation across multiple variables.
4. Building process for shared libraries has been improved.

Detailed changes made since 1.9.0 are listed in
https://github.com/Parallel-NetCDF/PnetCDF/blob/master/ChangeLog

Please report problems encountered to this mailing list.
We plan to make the release of 1.10.0 within two weeks.

regards

Wei-keng Liao