Shared library version of pnetcdf

Wadud Miah wadud.miah at nag.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 09:03:31 CDT 2017

Hi Bruno,

I am getting the following runtime error message when I run the IOR benchmark when I select the pNetCDF API. Any help will be appreciated.

[wadudm at nash ~]$ mpirun -n 4 ./IOR -a NCMPI -w -r -o testFile
IOR-2.10.3: MPI Coordinated Test of Parallel I/O

Run began: Mon Sep 25 15:01:21 2017
Command line used: ./IOR -a NCMPI -w -r -o testFile

                test filename      = testFile
                access             = single-shared-file
                ordering in a file = sequential offsets
                ordering inter file= no tasks offsets
                clients            = 4 (4 per node)
                repetitions        = 1
                xfersize           = 262144 bytes
                blocksize          = 1 MiB
                aggregate filesize = 4 MiB

** error **
ERROR in aiori-NCMPI.c (line 282): cannot write to data set.
ERROR: NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch.
** exiting **
** error **
ERROR in aiori-NCMPI.c (line 282): cannot write to data set.
ERROR: NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch.
** exiting **
** error **
ERROR in aiori-NCMPI.c (line 282): cannot write to data set.
ERROR: NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch.
** exiting **
** error **
ERROR in aiori-NCMPI.c (line 282): cannot write to data set.
ERROR: NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch.
** exiting **
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.

Regards,
Wadud.

mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[23899,1],2]