problem reading netcdf classic file

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 22 10:52:46 CST 2017

Hi, Jim

This is due to netCDF library fails to respect the CDF file format
specification on file header padding. I have filed a bug report to
netCDF in Nov. 28. Please see the ticket for details:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/pull/332

I believe you are the first one encounters this bug :)

Please note ncmpidump has not been actively maintained, because
its usage is for sequential run and since netCDF 4.4.0, ncdump has
started to support CDF5 format. I suggest to use ncdump instead
(of course after the netCDF folks fix this bug.) If you added
a note to that ticket as a netCDF user request, I would guess they
will incorporate the fix in the master branch and then next release.

Wei-keng