Visualization of pnetcdf file.

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 8 23:05:16 CST 2016

Hi, Mohsin

PnetCDF is a parallel I/O library, not a format.
It can create files in CDF-1, 2, and 5 formats.
ncview recognizes CDF-1 and 2 formats, but yet
to support CDF-5. Support of CDF-5 is recently added
to netCDF library latest release version 4.4.0.
Because ncview is built on top of netCDF library,
I hope eventually ncview will support CDF-5 as well.

For now, when using PnetCDF, you should only create
CDF-1 or CDF-2 files in order for ncview to read.

Wei-keng