1D start, count, stride through a 3D variable?

Helen Kershaw hkershaw at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 9 09:45:46 CST 2015

We are working on an application where the we would like to have a strided
read, but ignore the number of dimensions a variable has.  The stride would
always be one-dimensional.  So in our code, each variable (1D,2D,3D, etc.)
is treated as 1D. So if there were 10 mpi tasks, each task would pick up
every 10th element of the variable.

Is this something that is possible with pnetcdf? From the documentation it
seems that it is not, but I might be missing something.

Thanks for your help,
Helen Kershaw