Release of Pnetcdf 1.4.0

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Sun Nov 17 17:51:44 CST 2013

Hello to our PnetCDF community,

On behalf of the PnetCDF team at Northwestern University and Argonne
National Laboratory, I am pleased to announce the release of PnetCDF
version 1.4.0.

The source codes can be downloaded from
https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/Download

Here is a list of new features and noticeable changes from the previous release.
  - Fortran 90 APIs (with function overloading)
  - new "varn" APIs for accessing multiple noncontiguous subarrays of a single variable
  - run-time environment variable, PNETCDF_SAFE_MODE, to enable/disable consistency checking
  - run-time environment variable, PNETCDF_HINTS, for passing I/O hints
  - improved interoperability with netCDF-4
  - new I/O benchmark programs, including FLASH-IO
  - improved nonblocking I/O request aggregation

For the full list of detailed changes, please see
https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/ReleaseNotes-1.4.0

Regards,

Wei-keng Liao
http://users.eecs.northwestern.edu/~wkliao/