[netCDF #KLB-596506]: apparent bug in netcdf-4.2

Russ Rew russ at unidata.ucar.edu
Tue Mar 12 21:57:06 CDT 2013

Hi,

Concerning a netCDF bug reported by Jim Edwards concerning some pnetcdf
files getting corrupted by adding metadata to the file header with
netCDF, I wrote:
> I propose trimming the Cc: addresses for continuing discussion of your
> other points, just because I think we may get into details of little
> interest to others.  I'll promise to post the resolution of the bug fix
> to the original list of addresses when it's done, tested, and committed.

Thanks to a fix provided by Wei-keng Liao, the bug in netCDF is fixed in
the latest release candidate, netCDF-4.3.0-rc3, available from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-rc/

which also includes a test for the fix.  More details on the bug and fix
are available from

   https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCF-234

--Russ