Problem in compiling example programs

Lyndon Lu lyndon.lu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 01:45:21 CDT 2013

Hi,

    When running make under sub-dir examples, one of fortran program cannot
be compiled successfully ( see below) and other programs seem to be fine.

/opt/openmpi/1.4.3/bin/mpif90 -c -g -I../src/lib  -I../src/libf  flex_f.f90
flex_f.f90(117): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have
an explicit type.   [MPI_INT]
               MPI_INT, subarray, err)
---------------^
flex_f.f90(115): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for
this generic subroutine call.   [MPI_TYPE_CREATE_SUBARRAY]
          call MPI_Type_create_subarray(2, array_of_sizes, &
---------------^
compilation aborted for flex_f.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [flex_f.o] Error 1

     Does anyone know what's wrong with this program flex_f.90? I am using
pnetcdf 1.3.1/netcdf 4.3.0/hdf5 1.8.11.

      In addition, could someone tell me what's advantage of
using ncmpidump over ncdump? It seems that there is not an option in the
command line to set the number of cpus for ncmpidump.

      Thanks.

Cheers,
Lyndon