Assertion `ncp->head != ((void *)0)' failed.

Liu, Jaln jaln.liu at ttu.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:13:20 CST 2013

Hi,

When I run the codes below, I got an error " Assertion `ncp->head != ((void *)0)' failed."
(I looked into the source codes, I saw a operation of checking Id, seems each request should be checked and matched with the file handle? I don't know the reason)

        float ** nb_temp;
        nb_temp=malloc(nprocs*sizeof(float *));
        int * request=calloc(nprocs, sizeof(int));
        int * status=calloc(nprocs,sizeof(int));
        mpi_start[1]=rank*5;//starts on other dimensions are specified to 0.
        int varasize=100*10*NLAT*NLON;
        nb_temp_in[rank]=calloc(varasize,sizeof(float));

        ncmpi_iget_vara(ncid, temp_varid, mpi_start,mpi_count,nb_temp[rank],varasize,MPI_FLOAT,&(request[rank]);

        ncmpi_wait_all(ncid, nprocs, request, status);

A detailed return is in the attachment,

Can you please tell me what's wrong with the codes?
I appreciate it.

Jialin