New release: parallel-netcdf 1.3.0

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 26 10:43:37 CDT 2012

Hello to our pnetcdf community.

We have continued to put that last little bit of polish on pnetcdf
after our pre-release in March.  Now at last we are pleased to
announce Parallel-NetCDF version 1.3.0.

The detailed change list has grown quite large, but here are some
noteworthy items from the list:

- A new "buffered put" api, an extension to the non-blocking
  interface.  See the release notes for more information.
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
- You used to need a custom pnetcdf.h header file from Unidata if you
  wanted to build NetCDF-4 with parallel-netcdf support.  Now you no
  longer need their header file.
- the nf_test and nc_test now report zero errors when all goes well.
- Support for new data types NC_UBYTE, NC_USHORT, NC_UINT, NC_INT64,
  NC_UINT64, and NF_INT64

For more detailed information, including download or SVN links, please
see the release notes:

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/ReleaseNotes-1.3.0

==rob (on behalf of the entire pnetcdf team at ANL and NWU)

Argonne National Lab, IL USA