MPI Failure at line 839 of nonblocking.c (MPI_File_write_all : MPI_ERR_IO: input/output error)

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 8 15:17:19 CDT 2012

I am getting this error from parallel-netcdf using openmpi 1.4.5 and intel
12.1.4 and a lustre filesystem.   Because this is
non-blocking I am having a lot of difficulty pinpointing the issue, do you
have any suggestions?  I buffer multiple variables before
calling the nfmpi_wait_all and if I turn off this buffering functionality
it appears to work fine.     All of this functionality works on several
other systems so I
think that it must be an issue lower in the software stack.

--
Jim Edwards

CESM Software Engineering Group
Boulder, CO