Having problem building pnetcdf-1.1.1

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 19 14:49:43 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:38:07PM -0700, Julien Bodart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I am getting the opposite problem.
> I am building with mvapich2-1.7rc1/intel12
>
> *main.o: In function `main':
> main.c:(.text+0x603): undefined reference to `ncmpiin'
> ncgentab.o: In function `ncmpiparse':
> ncgentab.c:(.text+0x1d82): undefined reference to `ncmpilex'*
>
> What should I do?

Hm. I haven't seen anyone complain about that before, so I don't have
a ready answer.

The 'ncmpiin' and 'ncmpilex' are symbols produced by the code
generation step.  If they are showing up as undefined, perhaps there
are some stale object files from a prior build getting in the way?

If you have not already, I would suggest zapping your entire build
directory and start over from a fresh tarball.

I will try to reproduce with mvapic2-1.7rc1.

Argonne National Lab, IL USA