Fwd: Error try install parallel-NetCDF: configure: error: F77 does not support "integer*8"

Varlei Everton Menconi varlei at dge.inpe.br
Tue Jun 28 11:05:49 CDT 2011

Hi all members this list.;

Wei-keng suggested:

 From your configure log, I can see the "configure" is still using f77.
The problem is "configure" checks the environment variable "FC" instead of "F77".

Can you try set "FC" to gfortran and let us know?

By the way, here is the list of environment variables that can be set. (in tcsh)

setenv CC     gcc
setenv CXX    g++
setenv FC     gfortran
setenv F90    gfortran
setenv MPICC  mpicc
setenv MPICXX mpicxx
setenv MPIF77 mpif77
setenv MPIF90 mpif90

Wei-keng

I make the environment variables:

     #!/bin/bash
     SHELL=/bin/bash
     MAILTO=varlei at dge.inpe.br
     clear
     export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
     export CXX=/usr/bin/g++
     export FC=/usr/bin/gfortran
     export F90=/usr/bin/gfortran
     export MPICC=/usr/bin/mpicc
     export MPICXX=/usr/bin/mpiccxx
     export MPIF77=/usr/bin/mpif77
     export MPIF90=/usr/bin/mpif90
     printenv

The return that command printenv it's attached file Lista3.txt.
The variables to do correct values (conform show file).

Then i try to compile with command follow.
         #!/bin/bash
         SHELL=/bin/bash
         MAILTO=varlei at dge.inpe.br
         clear
         printenv
         rm -fR /usr/local/parallelNetCDF/*.*
         ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/parallelNetCDF --enable-fortran
--enable-mpi-io-test --with-mpi=/usr

         This log's that command into attached file LogCompiler3.txt

Error still persist: /*"configure: error: F77 does not support
"integer*8"*/

Even with the  parameter "--disable-fortran" in to line command,  error
still persist.

I can't understand why.

Jim Edwards suggest i tryed compile the code follow in my computer:

 >       program test
 >       integer*8 :: fred
 >       end program

I try to compile with the command gfortran-4.5.  (using the line
comand:  gfortran-4.5 -o Teste   Jim.f90 (source file with code) )
./Teste

    The compiled with sucess and without errors. I run the executable
file and find execution with errors.

I try the with symbolic link g77  (using the line comand:  g77 -o Teste2
   Jim.f90 (source file with code) )  ./Teste2

    The compiled with sucess and without errors. I run the executable
file and find execution with errors.

I can't understand why,
       I can't understand why.
             I can't understand why.

Thanks by your help.

Varlei

  Varlei Everton Menconi
  (varlei at dge.inpe.br)

  INPE - Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais
  CEA - Ciências Espaciais e Atmosféricas
  DGE - Divisão de Geofísica Espacial
  Avenida dos Astronautas, 1758- Jardim Granja -Predio Sigma -Sala 41
  Cep: 12227-010 - São Jose dos Campos - SP - Brasil
  fone:  (055) (012)  3208-6819
  fax:   (055) (012)  3208-6810