WRF and Parallel NetCDF

Han Lung HLung at us.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 31 16:54:05 CDT 2011

To whom it may concern,

This is Han Lung, Director of HPC Group, Fujitsu America.  I am new to WRF and parallel-netcdf, so if I have asked some stupid questions please bear with me.

>From the README file for WRF, I realize WRF requires NetCDF.  In the last section of the README file (Software section), I see  "* I/O: NetCDF, parallel NetCDF (Argonne), HDF5,...", but I do not see how to use parallel NetCDF with WRF.

My questions are:

1. Do you know anyone who used WRF + Parallel NetCDF?
2. Do I have to install NetCDF for WRF even if I want to use Parallel NetCDF?
3. How do I run WRF with Parallel NetCDF?

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Han Lung
Director, HPC Group