pnetcdf and pNFS?

Michalakes, John John.Michalakes at nrel.gov
Mon Jul 26 16:39:49 CDT 2010

Thanks Rob. I don't think we rely on any read/write access, but I'll have to ponder.  Assuming that's the case and that we're doing only read-only or write-only to a given file, have you found that pNetCDF on pNFS is reasonably fast and scalable (relative to other parallel file systems)?  Thanks, -John