Problem on Blue Gene/P

Rob Ross rross at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 16 11:06:29 CDT 2009

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I agree that (given that we're bcast()ing the header around to
check it anyway) there isn't much advantage to what we're doing now.

So what would the API look like? Would we make all the define mode
calls independent and only valid on rank 0 of the communicator used to
open the dataset? Do we make them collective but ignore values from
all other processes?

Rob