problem with put_att (maximum number of attributes)

Alex Hoffmann ah519 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 04:09:37 CST 2009

Hello,
I am getting the same error message as had already been inquired on in
this list, i.e.:

NC definations on multiprocesses conflict.
NOTE: Definitions across all process

and this seems to be related somehow randomly to the total number of
attributes (global or for each variable) that I intend to write during
the the definition phase (and, though I am not sure about this, to the
number of processes used to run my F90 parallel code).

More precisely, if I uncomment one put_att to replace another, the
program still runs, if I do not comment out another one, the program
crashes with the above error message.

Is there any way of identifying where this problem comes from or is
there a maximum amount of attributes (though I don't write an excessive
amount of them)?  There is no problem running it on one process(or).

Cheers,

Lex