Large file support

Nikhil Laghave nikhill at iastate.edu
Sun Feb 8 23:44:46 CST 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to create files larger than 2 GB using pnetcdf, but the
application crashes. I understand I need to use NF_64BIT_OFFSET flag in the
nfmpi_create call, but I do not know how to pass this argument. This may seem
a very silly question. I am sorry about that.

In C I think we need to pass NC_64BIT_OFFSET | NC_CLOBBER, but similar
approach does not work with fortran. Can some one send me an example of the
API for fortran?

Right now, this is how I am making the call, which is not working.
     retval = nfmpi_create(comm, "nikhil.nc",NF_64BIT_OFFSET,
    &     info, ncid)

Thanks.

Regards,
Nikhil