nfmpi_put_var problem

zbych at igf.fuw.edu.pl zbych at igf.fuw.edu.pl
Wed Apr 8 10:31:33 CDT 2009

I'm trying to use nfmpi_put_var and  nfmpi_put_var_all to write either
real*4 or real*8 data, depending on the desired precision. I am curious
why in pnetcdf.inc we have:

      integer         nfmpi_put_var
!                         (integer             ncid,
!                          integer             varid,
!                          character(*)        text)
      external        nfmpi_put_var

but in pnetcdf.h we have:

int ncmpi_put_var(int ncid, int varid, const void *buf, int bufcount,
MPI_Datatype datatype);

So, shall we specify bufcount and MPI_Datatype for fortran call ? If the
argument is of char* type, do we need to rewrite the data from the real
matrix to the char matrix ?

Thanks